Monday, March 10, 2008

MORE CONFESSIONS OF THE GOOD CAR GUY

Earlier today, I allowed you to see the deep oil-filled recesses of my subjective automotive heart.  Here are the remaining crevices.

-----

It wouldn't matter how fast, dynamic, or sensitive the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti felt on a test drive, it's too ugly to buy. On the other hand: it wouldn't have mattered how beautiful, clean, and classy the Ferrari 465M GT appeared in the showroom when a Ferrari 360 Modena sat alongside.  

Regardless of whether your coif is freshly gelled or not; whether you just left the hairdresser or the shower - if your convertible roof is UP on a sunny and warm day, I will order you to drop it immediately. Speaking of which, when you drop the top; the windows must perform the same descending function.  

I'll recommend a Toyota Camry to anyone who asks of its goodness except a close blood relative.  Direct relations, such as sister; brother; father; mother; wife; children should be able to handle the truth.  In-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins: I say to you - the Camry will be a reliable and decent car.

I have driven two different three-cylinder cars, one of which was a diesel-fired smart fortwo.  The more powerful triple in my past was a 5-door Geo Metro which is rated at 41mpg now but at the time was considered a 47mpg car.  

Every time a Toyota Prius passes me on the highway making faster progress than my admittedly lofty pace, I get angry.  Then I remember that what was once great mileage became approximately 4.62L/100 km at 120km/h or  5.1 L/100km at 130km/h, making it about as efficient as a '95 Geo Metro.

No comments:

Post a Comment