Sunday, December 16, 2007

UGLY BENTLEY

Queen Elizabeth should be driving an Ariel Atom. But she's actually driving the ugliest modern Bentley known to man. It's the State Limousine. Two were built. Her Majesty received the Bentley Sate Limousine as a gift upon the 50th year of her reign.

Looking at the curvaceous Continental GT Speed; the classic and classy Arnage; the bold Brooklands; and the high-dollar Azure, I wonder at the bloated beh
emoth that is the Queen's luxury limo. We've all managed to place the expression you see on our own faces at one time or another. I can imagine myself - in the real world - being presented with a new Ford Taurus. "Oh...ummm... er, thanks. Yeah... ummm.... thanks." It figures that Her Majesty and her Prince shared their disgust at bedtime that night in 2002.


"Thank Goodness, Philip, that Bentley's production cars are tasteful and elegant. I do, however, hate the thought of driving 'round in the backseat of that for the rest of my life. Oh, but to have a choice." '

Bentley's Mulliner division says the State Limousine serves "serves to demonstrate that there is no practical limit to the scope of Mulliner’s capabilities," as well as being the "perfect expression of Mulliner’s capabilities."

I'll remember to leave my Conti GT standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment